Welcome to the SIEF webpage for sodium thiosulfate (EINECS No. 231-867-5)
Synonyms: Disodium thiosulfate; Sodium hyposulfite; Thiosulfuric acid, disodium salt
- Lead Registrant: Chemiewerk Bad Köstritz GmbH
- SIEF Facilitator: SDIOC on behalf of the Lead Registrant.
- Pre-registrants can participate in the SIEF at different activity levels: very active, involved, passive, and dormant.
- The SDIOC is preparing the registration dossier, i.e. the IUCLID file, in cooperation with the SIEF. The Lead Registrant will submit the REACh Registration Dossier. All other co-registrants will refer to it when submitting their registration.
SIEF Time table:
- January – February 2010:
- All pre-registrants for sodium thiosulfate were invited to participate in the Substance Sameness Survey.
- March 2010:
- The SIEF was formed.
- Respondents that participated in the Sameness Survey are considered to be Active Members of the SIEF. The Secretariat of the SDIOC will work with Active Members within each SIEF.
- The Lead Registrant was elected within the survey campaign
- Registered LR for sodium thiosulfate is Chemiewerk Bad Köstritz GmbH
|Substance Sameness Survey Results (status March 2010)
|Respondents to Substance Sameness Survey at April, 2010
|Pre-registrants whose substance is not sufficiently similar to join the SIEF
|Intended level of SIEF activity:
|Current number of potential registrants
|Pre-registrants with studies to offer for sharing to the SIEF
|Pre-registrants with exposure data to offer for sharing to the SIEF
- April 2010
- SIEF members that offer data for sharing were contacted
- July 2010:
- The results of the substance sameness survey were sent to all pre-registrants.
- A SIEF member letter was sent to all participants of the Substance Sameness Survey.
- April 2011:
- Further activities:
- Data gathering for dossier updates: Ongoing
The Secretariat of the SDIOC will work with Active Members within each SIEF. If you would like to become an Active Member, please E-mail the SIEF Facilitator. Pre-registrants that have not yet participated in the Sameness Survey for sodium thiosulfate, can access the survey here.
The SDIOC is acting as SIEF facilitator for SDIOC member pre-registrants who indicated their willingness at Pre-Registration to conduct this activity for the substances listed on this page.
ECHA Factsheets, Guidance & Help